to the new photographers

You will not regret picking photography as an elective because its super fun and you get to use actual cameras and study about lighting in pictures for them to come out good. You can also learn the history of cameras, who invented photography and what the first ever camera looked like back then. The teacher is really nice and will help you with your work and give suggestions on your pictures. You can go outside and inside the school to capture moments with the camera depending on your assignment. One assignment I really liked was the gel portraits because in the photography classroom u have two studios you can take your portraits.

Gel portraits are pictures with different color lighting for your background instead of it being plain white or black. You can also do more than one color and put them together for your background to come out as two colors instead of one. One assignment I did not really enjoy is the surrealistic collage, this assignment is when you add a lot of images into one picture and creating it into a meaning behind the pictures. This assignment is best for people that are really creative with their work but for me im not really creative surrealistic images  no matter how much I try. Other than that, I do not regret choosing this class.

My advices are to first learn the main controls of the camera because you will struggle a lot if you don’t know the main controls. Make sure to be respectful when the teachers talking when giving out instructions because they will really help you on specific assignments. Bring back the cameras on time before leaving to lunch or your second class or else the teacher will not let you leave. Make sure you keep your pictures organized and separated in different folders because you will forget where you put your pictures. Do not copy other peoples work  because you can sometimes get into trouble or just fail the assignment and having to redo it.